To help support our cause we are hosting our 4th Annual Mask-R-Aid Party and Gumbo Cook-Off! Join us for a fun night filled with freshly made gumbo from the cook-off participants, and live music from Jade’s Agenda!
Saturday, March 23rd
- Doors open @ 2pm
- Gumbo Served @ 5:30pm
- Jade's Agenda takes stage @ 6pm
- Winners announced @ 7pm
- $10 Admission
- Must be 21+
The winning Gumbo Cook-Off team will receive a trophy, $200, and bragging rights for the entire year! If you are interested in helping raise funds by participating in the Gumbo Cook-Off, please review our rules & regulations, and submit your entry form before Saturday, March 9th. For any questions, please contact Cheryl at (701) 770-0045.
Entry Forms, Deadlines, Fees
* Team Entry Fee: $100
* Deadline for entry: Saturday, March 9, 2019
* Teams will be comprised of up to 4 members and include a Team Captain (4 wristbands provided). Additional wristbands are $10/person.
* Must be 21 years or older to attend.
* 10’x10’ maximum; space will be pre-determined and assigned upon arrival. (Two 8’ tables/chairs will be provided)
* Teams are to have a fund raising gimmick at their booth to help raise money for BFAC.
* Clean up: Head chef is responsible for seeing that booth area is kept clean both during and after event; you are responsible for removing all trash; roux is not to be disposed of in the trash. You may want to have cleaning supplies.
* No alcohol is to be brought into the Armory. A cash bar will be available.
Cooking & Serving Guidelines
* Roux and gumbo must be prepared onsite from fresh ingredients. Meat may be marinated in advance offsite. Ingredients may be chopped and cut ahead of time. NO wild game or homemade sausage is to be used in the gumbo.
* Teams will supply all ingredients including napkins, spoons, tasting cups, and extension cords.
* Teams must make a minimum of 36 quarts (two large roasters) for the judges and public.
* Gumbo must be prepared in as sanitary a manner as possible (cooking conditions subject to inspection).
* Rice and/or potato salad, and Hors D’oeuvres are optional.
* Electric cookers only. Temperature of gumbo must be at 165 degrees or warmer by 5:00 p.m.
* Aroma – should smell appetizing
* Consistency – should be a smooth combination of meat/seafood or roux
* Color – should look appetizing and roux should be dark
* Taste – should taste good, pleasing to the palate
* Aftertaste – should leave a pleasant taste after swallowing
Prizes & Awards
* 1st Place - $200 and Trophy
* 2nd Place – Trophy
* 3rd Place – Trophy
* Bread Winner – Traveling Trophy (awarded to team raising the most money for BRAS for A CAUSE)
* Best Decorated Booth - Trophy
* 9:00 a.m. CST - Set up (two 8’ tables and chairs will be provided)
* 10:30 a.m. CST - Mandatory rules meeting (minimum one member from each team must be present)
* 11:00 p.m. CST - You may begin cooking
* 2:00 p.m. CST - OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
* 5:00 p.m. CST – Samples to be collected for judging (sample container will be provided)
* 5:30 p.m. CST – Public may begin eating
* 6:00 p.m. CST – Live music (TBA)
* 7:00 p.m. CST – Winners announced
**Any violation of the above rules will result in your forfeiture and your team will no longer be allowed to participate in the future. For further information visit us on Facebook or contact us at the number below.